Spending time with family has become a luxury for most of us owing to the busy schedule that is honestly unavoidable! However family stands as our first priority and giving adequate time to keep everyone united and happy is essential as well. Thus, try and spend weekends or holidays with your family in the outdoors. When you have kids you have to be extra cautious about the kind of activity you choose to spend the holiday – it should be constructive, creative and helping them to enjoy and learn new things in fun way. Here is a well compiled list for you to get the best ideas on how to spend a family vacation in the outdoors –
- Bird Watching – This activity is sure to be a great treat for your family if you are a nature lover. Once you take your kids for bird watching their interest for nature will evolve automatically and they will also learn the names and sounds of new birds. You can also carry forward this experience to make your yard a bird friendly one by adding bird feeder and attracting the birds for a birdbath. Even better if you have a picnic sites nearby, spend your day making your own barbecue meals and having a fun time with casual games.
- Caravan Touring – Adventure and thrill is not only for men or bachelors. Take your family along with you for the next caravan touring and see how they get the ecstasy of the rugged fun. There must be numerous campsites or wild destinations close to your home. Plan your first tour to any one of them and make sure to keep your caravan well stocked with everything you need. You can also go to the caravan camping resorts and have a fun filled weekend. Many families love touring caravan holidays, but check the weather before you go as towing caravans in high winds can be dangerous. The kids always want funny sleeping bags and here is the opportunity to give them some!
- Farm Tour – Kids these days hardly have the time to see and feel the theories they learn in their books. Learning about animals and their habitat would be fun if done practically. Take your family for a farm tour. Let them see and feel the animals. Of course under supervision, you can let them play with the cattle lot as well. Take your foodies and essentials to spend a quality time together having fun and far from the crunching office life.
- Know your city – This is probably the easiest way to spend some time with your family in the outdoors in a knowledgeable way. Seeing the roads, people and buildings of the “known” city would not make much difference; but once you get into the city attractions you might get a chance to reveal many surprises that were so close to you yet unknown. Take your family to places like museums, monuments, amusement parks, galleries, theatres, or other attractions if any. In this way they will learn the city in and out and also get some great time together.
- Sea-beach Fun – This is the best option your family would surely enjoy. Be it mommies, dads or children all would have their part of enjoyment at the sea beach. Let your kids have the sandy time building canals, castles, gather shells and other pieces from the waves then tie them down to a garland. You and your partner can get close again with a glass of wine or sunbathing to relax the tiring muscles. Spa, therapeutic massages and sauna are great ideas to rejuvenate your senses.